Back pain has been one of the most common ailments to hit the US population. The amount of cases has been steadily rising each year, and chronic back pain is now said to impact five out of every ten individuals. Hence, back pain is problematic enough to become a serious issue for many. Key risk groups include those that are pregnant, smokers, those with physically demanding jobs, and overweight individuals.
Back pain causes a broad range of problems with its victims, many of which go beyond the purely physical. Mental difficulties resulting from back pain include depression, mood swings, low self-esteem, and constant worries; all of which can negatively impact family, friends, and co-workers. Given the amount of physical and mental suffering brought about by the onset of back pain, this is an ailment that must be addressed and taken seriously when it arises.
Back Pain Relief for the Holidays
Now that the holiday season is here, almost everyone is beginning to think about the perfect gifts for their family and loved ones. If you have a friend or family member that suffers from back pain, this is your opportunity to step in with much-needed relief.
You obviously don’t want to gift them with something they’ll forget as soon as you leave. You want to provide your loved ones with a gift that has a long-lasting impact on their lives. Providing relief for their chronic back pains would certainly have a lasting impression, so you may want to look into a few back pain solutions that could bring about this needed relief.
And to help you out here is a list of the four best gift ideas for back pain sufferers in your life that will provide the relief your loved ones deserve:
1. Massage. Gifting massage therapy to your back pain suffering friend or family member can have a tremendously positive impact on that individual’s life. Massages have been found to significantly aid in relaxing the muscle groups that are often the source of the pain. A massage can also improve blood flow, and this aids in the transfer of essential blood nutrients to the lower back, offering the body a faster recovery from the soreness of injured muscles.
It also helps to boost spirits since therapeutic massage is proven to have a positive effect on mood hormones and greatly bring down depression and anxiety.
2. A Chiropractic Adjustment. Chiropractors offer another effective way to reduce sharp pains on the upper and lower back. A chiropractic adjustment can be the perfect way to treat various problems in the nervous system without surgery; this is among the most recommended solutions for severe back pain. The process involves applying soft pressure on the bone that is causing the difficulties to increase ease and speed of movement.
With a chiropractic adjustment, the pain sufferer will get back to the right shape in no time and will certainly thank you for it.
3. Stability Ball. Among all the gifts for back pain sufferers, this one is among the most popular. Also known as a physio ball, the stability ball helps anyone suffering from back pain build muscle strength in their lower back and abdomen without straining them.
Although this may seem like just any other regular ball exercise, rest assured that a perfect medical touch has been added to the stability ball to hasten recovery and to make the healing process seamless.
4. Back Support Memory Foam Mattress Topper. A memory foam mattress topper simply spreads your body’s weight to reduce the pressure points which usually increase the pain. This way the back-pain sufferer gets more comfort and peace while sleeping, and this helps to make pain go away in due time.
Have them sleep on this for a week, and they’ll report a positive difference in their sleeping patterns and a marked improvement of their back pain.
Back Pain Gift Giving Wrap Up
These four gifts can help a friend or family member reduce their back pain and can indeed aid in their everyday lives. To make it easier to remember, let’s go through the list once more:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Stability ball
- Back support memory foam mattress topper
- Hot back wrap or belt
One more item that would make the perfect gift for friends or family suffering from back pain is the Vacupractor. It has been proven to reduce back pain and inflammation and is an affordable gift that your loved one will be sure to remember.
VacuPractor is a Class I FDA Registered Orthopedic Device for the treatment of Lower Back Pain. VacuPractor is a revolutionary new treatment device for lower back pain that may help the 26 million people that seek treatment from a doctor and the 100 million that self-medicate and self-treat. The VacuPractor is sold with a money back guarantee to relieve lower back pain, and it is proudly made in the USA.